It’s that time of year again when we gather with loved ones for a bountiful meal, which this year will include a kidney-friendly Thanksgiving day cranberry stuffing. Fall is in the air and Thanksgiving day is upon us. This year let’s try something different–instead of stuffing your bird, stuff yourself! Here’s a recipe for an awesome cranberry stuffing that you can make ahead to save some time on Thanksgiving day. Now, let’s get cooking!
Kidney-Friendly Thanksgiving Day Cranberry Stuffing Stuffing Ingredients
Appropriate for: CKD, Non-dialysis, Dialysis, Low Phosphorus, Low Potassium, Low Protein, Medium Sodium
- 3 cups of stale bread, softened and cubed (about 3 to 4 slices)
- ¼ teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1 cup tart apples, peeled and diced
- ¼ cup unsweetened apple juice
- ½ cup raw cranberries, chopped
- 2 TBSP unsalted butter, melted
- ¼ cup celery, chopped
How to Prepare Kidney-Friendly Thanksgiving Day Cranberry Stuffing
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl
- Mix thoroughly
- Place in a lightly greased casserole dish
- Bake for 30 minutes
Kidney-Friendly Thanksgiving Day Cranberry Stuffing Nutrition Facts
(makes 8 servings)
|Dietary Fiber||2 g|
|Total Fat||7 g|
We love sharing our kidney-healthy recipes with you like this Kidney-Friendly Thanksgiving Day Cranberry Stuffing recipe! We try to share a new recipe every week. So, if you’re craving a favorite food, but it’s not on your kidney diet, please let us know. We’ll look into it and try to add a kidney-friendly version to our list of upcoming recipe blogs. For more kidney-healthy recipes, visit our blog.
About Shree Mulay, MD
Shree Mulay, MD, is a nephrologist and co-owner of The Kidney Experts. He went to medical school at Mahatma Gandhi Mission Medical College and completed his residency at Kingsbrook Jewish Medical Center in Brooklyn, NY. Shree manages patients at several West Tennessee Healthcare Hospital locations and serves at numerous dialysis locations across the region. He also sees patients at four kidney care clinic locations. Funny, caring and always wanting to help, Shree is passionate about his practice and devotes much of his time to his patients.
Kidney-Friendly Recipes from The Kidney Experts
One of the goals we have at The Kidney Experts is to make sure you have the resources you need to help you on your kidney health journey. Questions we are asked all the time include, “What can I eat with kidney disease,” “What foods should I avoid with kidney disease,” and “Where can I find good kidney disease diet recipes?” These are excellent questions. Challenge accepted!
Truth time! Chefs, we are not… so we consistently scour websites known for their kidney-healthy recipes. Our focus is to find kidney-friendly recipes that are healthy, easy to make, satisfying, and that have that mouthwatering taste factor. Each week, we post a new recipe that we can share with you.
Here is a list of our most recent kidney-friendly recipes:
- Chocolate Peanut Energy Bars
- 30-Minute Dinner: Citrus Salmon with Garlic and Cayenne
- Labor Day Picnic Macaroni and Cheese
- Beef and Veggie Bolognese Over Rice Noodles
- Molten Mint Chocolate Brownies
- 50-Minute Dinner: Za’atar Chicken with Garlic Pepper Yogurt Sauce
- Tropical Salad with Pineapple and Jalapeño
- Herb Roasted Chicken Breast
- Crunchy Quinoa Salad
- 60-Minute Chicken Brunswick Stew
- Kidney-friendly Pound Cake with Blueberry and Lemon
- 1-Minute Breakfast: Quick and Easy Omelet
- Healthy Tuna Pasta Salad with Lemon and Thyme
- Beet Vegetarian Reuben Sandwich
- Kidney-Friendly Apple Fritter Donuts
- Crunchy Asian Coleslaw
- Grilled Sesame Chicken
- Kidney-Healthy Mushroom Soup
- Easy Turkey Breakfast Burritos
- Southern-style Cornbread
- 60-second Salsa
For more kidney-friendly recipes, pop over to The Kidney Experts Twitter account as we love to retweet recipes from some of the best names in kidney health.