When you’re on the go and want to start the day off with a healthy breakfast, this one-minute, quick and easy omelet checks off all the boxes. Healthy, check! Easy, check! Quick, check! Delicious – you betcha! And, to top it all off, we’re betting you already have all of the ingredients for this kidney-friendly omelet recipe in your kitchen now. It doesn’t get any better than that first thing in the morning. This 1-minute omelet is also great for lunch and dinner… who doesn’t love breakfast for dinner! Now, let’s get cooking!
Quick and Easy Omelet Ingredients
- 2 eggs (including the yolk)
- 2 TBSP water
- 1 TBSP butter (unsalted)
- 1/2 cup filling (vegetables, meat)
How to Prepare a 1-Minute, Quick and Easy Omelet
- Beat eggs and water
- In a small pan, heat butter
- Pour egg mixture into pan
- The mixture should set at the pan’s edges right away
- With a spatula, carefully push cooked portions of omelet from the outer edges toward the center so the uncooked egg can fill into the pan to cook
- Continue until egg is set and will not flow
- On one side of the omelet, fill it with 1/2 cup of your preferred filling
- With the spatula, fold the omelet in half to finish cooking
Note: This recipe is low phosphorous, low potassium, low sodium, and high protein.
Quick and Easy Omelet Nutrition Facts
|Dietary Fiber||2 g|
|Total Fat||22 g|
We love sharing our kidney-healthy recipes with you like this one-minute quick and easy omelet! We try to share a new recipe every week. So, if you’re craving a favorite food, but it’s not on your diet, please let us know. We’ll look into it and try to add a kidney-friendly version to our list of upcoming recipe blogs. For more kidney-healthy recipes, visit our blog.
About Shree Mulay, MD
Shree Mulay, MD, is a nephrologist and co-owner of The Kidney Experts. He went to medical school at Mahatma Gandhi Mission Medical College and completed his residency at Kingsbrook Jewish Medical Center in Brooklyn, NY. Shree manages patients at several West Tennessee Healthcare Hospital locations and serves at numerous dialysis locations across the region. He also sees patients at four kidney care clinic locations. Funny, caring and always wanting to help, Shree is passionate about his practice and devotes much of his time to his patients.
Kidney-Friendly Recipes from The Kidney Experts
One of the goals we have at The Kidney Experts is to make sure you have the resources you need to help you on your kidney health journey. Questions we are asked all the time include, “What can I eat with kidney disease,” “What foods should I avoid with kidney disease,” and “Where can I find good kidney disease diet recipes?” These are excellent questions. Challenge accepted!
Truth time! Chefs, we are not… so we consistently scour websites known for their kidney-healthy recipes. Our focus is to find kidney-friendly recipes that are healthy, easy to make, satisfying, and that have that mouthwatering taste factor. Each week, we post a new recipe that we can share with you.
Here is a list of our most recent kidney-friendly recipes:
- 1-Minute Breakfast: Quick and Easy Omelet
- Healthy Tuna Pasta Salad with Lemon and Thyme
- Beet Vegetarian Reuben Sandwich
- Kidney-Friendly Apple Fritter Donuts
- Crunchy Asian Coleslaw
- Grilled Sesame Chicken
- Kidney-Healthy Mushroom Soup
- Easy Turkey Breakfast Burritos
- Southern-style Cornbread
- 60-second Salsa
For more kidney-friendly recipes, pop over to The Kidney Experts Twitter account as we love to retweet recipes from some of the best names in kidney health.