For the pineapple enthusiast with a taste for heat, our kidney-friendly tropical salad with pineapple and jalapeño is nothing short of perfection! Ready in under 15 minutes, this limited ingredient salad is perfect on a bed of arugula or watercress, which also gives you a boost of leafy green nutrition. For a more filling tropical salad, we love serving this over a bed of rice. Now, let’s get cooking!
Tropical Salad with Pineapple and Jalapeño Ingredients
Six 1-cup servings | Low phosphorus, low potassium, low protein, low sodium
- 3 cups pineapple, cut into cubes
- 1 small red onion, diced
- 1 medium orange bell pepper, diced
- 1 medium cucumber, diced
- 1 medium jalapeño, diced
- ¼ cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 cup arugula
Tropical Salad Dressing Ingredients
- 2 TBSP lime juice
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 TBSP honey
- ½ tsp red pepper flakes, crushed
- 1 tsp cider vinegar
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper (we love freshly ground black pepper)
How to Prepare Tropical Salad with Pineapple and Jalapeño
- Combine the salad ingredients into a large bowl
- Separately, combine the salad dressing ingredients into a small bowl
- Stir the salad dressing until the ingredients are well combined and the oil is no longer separated
- Pour the dressing over the salad
- Divide into 6 serving plates or measure 1 cup per serving
Tropical Salad with Pineapple and Jalapeño Nutrition Facts
We love sharing our kidney-healthy recipes with you like this kidney-friendly tropical salad with pineapple and jalapeño! We try to share a new recipe every week. So, if you’re craving a favorite food, but it’s not on your kidney diet, please let us know. We’ll look into it and try to add a kidney-friendly version to our list of upcoming recipe blogs. For more kidney-healthy recipes, visit our blog.
About Shree Mulay, MD
Shree Mulay, MD, is a nephrologist and co-owner of The Kidney Experts. He went to medical school at Mahatma Gandhi Mission Medical College and completed his residency at Kingsbrook Jewish Medical Center in Brooklyn, NY. Shree manages patients at several West Tennessee Healthcare Hospital locations and serves at numerous dialysis locations across the region. He also sees patients at four kidney care clinic locations. Funny, caring and always wanting to help, Shree is passionate about his practice and devotes much of his time to his patients.
Kidney-Friendly Recipes from The Kidney Experts
One of the goals we have at The Kidney Experts is to make sure you have the resources you need to help you on your kidney health journey. Questions we are asked all the time include, “What can I eat with kidney disease,” “What foods should I avoid with kidney disease,” and “Where can I find good kidney disease diet recipes?” These are excellent questions. Challenge accepted!
Truth time! Chefs, we are not… so we consistently scour websites known for their kidney-healthy recipes. Our focus is to find kidney-friendly recipes that are healthy, easy to make, satisfying, and that have that mouthwatering taste factor. Each week, we post a new recipe that we can share with you.
Here is a list of our most recent kidney-friendly recipes:
- Herb Roasted Chicken Breast
- Crunchy Quinoa Salad
- 60-Minute Chicken Brunswick Stew
- Kidney-friendly Pound Cake with Blueberry and Lemon
- 1-Minute Breakfast: Quick and Easy Omelet
- Healthy Tuna Pasta Salad with Lemon and Thyme
- Beet Vegetarian Reuben Sandwich
- Kidney-Friendly Apple Fritter Donuts
- Crunchy Asian Coleslaw
- Grilled Sesame Chicken
- Kidney-Healthy Mushroom Soup
- Easy Turkey Breakfast Burritos
- Southern-style Cornbread
- 60-second Salsa
For more kidney-friendly recipes, pop over to The Kidney Experts Twitter account as we love to retweet recipes from some of the best names in kidney health.