While this herb roasted chicken breast recipe is super simple to make, it does take some prep time as you’ll want to marinate the chicken for a minimum of four hours – or even overnight. From there, the great news is, it’s a cakewalk from marinade to plate. The longer you marinate the chicken, the tastier it is – and you know we love delicious food! This herb roasted chicken breast recipe is perfect for anyone on a special kidney diet, so you know what that means… let’s get marinating!
Herb Roasted Chicken Breast Ingredients
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 medium onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 TBSP Mrs. Dash® Garlic and Herb Seasoning Blend
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- ¼ cup olive oil
How to Prepare Herb Roasted Chicken Breast
Marinade (4+ hours in refrigerator – or overnight)
- Chop onion and garlic and place in a bowl
- Add Mrs. Dash Seasoning, ground pepper and olive oil
- Add chicken breasts to the marinade, cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Cover a baking sheet with foil, place the marinated chicken breasts on the pan
- Pour the remaining marinade over the chicken and bake at 350°F for 20 minutes
- Broil herb roasted chicken breast an additional 5 minutes for browning
Herb Roasted Chicken Breast Nutrition Facts
We love sharing our kidney-healthy recipes with you like this kidney-friendly herb roasted chicken breast! We try to share a new recipe every week. So, if you’re craving a favorite food, but it’s not on your kidney diet, please let us know. We’ll look into it and try to add a kidney-friendly version to our list of upcoming recipe blogs. For more kidney-healthy recipes, visit our blog.
About Shree Mulay, MD
Shree Mulay, MD, is a nephrologist and co-owner of The Kidney Experts. He went to medical school at Mahatma Gandhi Mission Medical College and completed his residency at Kingsbrook Jewish Medical Center in Brooklyn, NY. Shree manages patients at several West Tennessee Healthcare Hospital locations and serves at numerous dialysis locations across the region. He also sees patients at four kidney care clinic locations. Funny, caring and always wanting to help, Shree is passionate about his practice and devotes much of his time to his patients.
Kidney-Friendly Recipes from The Kidney Experts
One of the goals we have at The Kidney Experts is to make sure you have the resources you need to help you on your kidney health journey. Questions we are asked all the time include, “What can I eat with kidney disease,” “What foods should I avoid with kidney disease,” and “Where can I find good kidney disease diet recipes?” These are excellent questions. Challenge accepted!
Truth time! Chefs, we are not… so we consistently scour websites known for their kidney-healthy recipes. Our focus is to find kidney-friendly recipes that are healthy, easy to make, satisfying, and that have that mouthwatering taste factor. Each week, we post a new recipe that we can share with you.
Here is a list of our most recent kidney-friendly recipes:
- Crunchy Quinoa Salad
- 60-Minute Chicken Brunswick Stew
- Kidney-friendly Pound Cake with Blueberry and Lemon
- 1-Minute Breakfast: Quick and Easy Omelet
- Healthy Tuna Pasta Salad with Lemon and Thyme
- Beet Vegetarian Reuben Sandwich
- Kidney-Friendly Apple Fritter Donuts
- Crunchy Asian Coleslaw
- Grilled Sesame Chicken
- Kidney-Healthy Mushroom Soup
- Easy Turkey Breakfast Burritos
- Southern-style Cornbread
- 60-second Salsa
For more kidney-friendly recipes, pop over to The Kidney Experts Twitter account as we love to retweet recipes from some of the best names in kidney health.